Sunday, August 13th, 2017 from 1pm-5pm
Location in the San Marcos River Room.
City of San Marcos Convention Center at Embassy Suites
1001 East McCarty Lane
San Marcos, TX 78666
Want an professional board of directors without the expense? This special pre-conference workshop, held on Sunday so your Board of Directors can choose to stay for the entire conference or head home and back to work, is for your entire board and executive director. For only $25 per person, here is what you will learn:
- Are you aware of the legal duties (that’s right, as in legal system) of being a board member? Seriously learn your obligations , including financial oversight.
- Do you have a Strategic Planning? Begin your own in this hand’s on workshop.
- Do you recruit board members who help your organization get to the next level? Learn the ins and outs.
- Does it feel staff and board roles and responsibilities are unclear? Here’s some tips about working with your one employee (with a bonus section on: How Not to Kill Your ED).
- What’s your role in fundraising for the organization?